Hi, I’m Lydia,
and I’m a fantasy author. I’m currently working on a series of novels about a disgraced war-hero obsessed with finishing his ancient quest.
I’m contemplating the self-publishing route while researching various publishers.
What I've Written
2020 was a challenging year for everyone, but I managed to hit one milestone: I joined a writing community and entered my first writing contest! This spurred me on to sign up for a 100 Day Book program from the wonderful people at The Write Practice. Thanks to their help and encouragement, I have finally established a writing routine and am starting the first draft of my novel, Tainted Faye.
Since then, I’ve written several short stories, and I publish one on my website every month. Each one is based on the same protagonist as my novel – just years earlier – so you can read about Eran Faye’s early years.
While you don’t have to read them all in order, I do suggest that you start with “Transparency” and read along in the order they were published. The stories will be more enjoyable if you do. 🙂 You can head to the “Short Stories” section of the menu to find all of them.
I’ve also written lots of poetry over the years. I’m not sure what the exact count is, but I know it’s over 100.
Some Facts About Me That Don't Have To Do With Reading And Writing
- My latest obsession is a candle that smells like fruit loops. It’s SO good!
- Rainy/foggy weather is my favorite. I’m one of *those* people that merely survive summer. I do not love it.
- I like making people laugh, and taking awkward selfies in random parking lots (apparently 😅).
- I don’t wear makeup most of the time. But that’s because I’m a lazy soul who would rather have an extra half hour of sleep in the morning. 😏
- Coffee and Mtn Dew are my poisons of choice. At this point, I probably have more caffeine than blood flowing through my veins.
- FRENCH FRIES!! That is all. 😎
- I love music and would listen to it 24/7 if I could. Unfortunately, my love of music has not improved my natural rhythm, and you won’t be finding me on a dance floor unless I’ve been dragged there protesting.
- Most importantly, I am a flawed child of God trying to live out His love in my life. I am so blessed to have an amazing family who not only supports me but challenges me to be the very best version of myself.
I’ll be hosting readalongs in our bookclub section where you can read reviews of what I’m reading and share your thoughts.
You’ll be the first to receive a copy of my novella once it’s finished (for FREE!), and you’ll always be in-the-know on important updates and upcoming book releases.
If that sounds like your cup of joe (extra creamer, please!), I’d love to have you join me by signing up below. 🙂
Happy Reading, and Welcome!